Reflective Parenting emphasizes Reflective Thinking– a powerful communication tool that underlies all healthy parent-child relationships.
Reflective thinking is the multi-purpose human capacity for
- Understanding others
- Understanding our self
- Being able to self-regulate: emotions, behaviors, impulses.
Being a Reflective Parent is the only way to teach your child how to be a Reflective Thinker!
Benefits of being a Reflective Parent
- A strong parent-child relationship
- Healthy development in children
- Enhances parental sensitivity and empathy
- Reduces parental aggression and hostility
- Promotes self regulation in children and parents
- Provides the main way to teach a child to be a reflective-thinker